5 months, 3 weeks ago onthegoParticipant
I am reaching you regarding 2 issues I have:
- I want to use the “sale product” element to display some sale product but I am not seeing any option to add a hyperlink so I can link it to the right product page?
- I am having issue with the “wishlist” plugin I am using and the developers said the issue is due to outdated ../single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php that my theme or another plugins probably override.
Since WooCommerce v3.4.0 release the hook was moved from:
So, I want to check if your current theme is fully compatible with the latest WooCommerce version?
Please note I am using child theme so how can I update this without loosing any custom work?
Thanks5 months, 2 weeks ago onthegoParticipant
Hello, hope all is well. Can someone please help me with this issue?5 months, 2 weeks ago MRTKeymaster
Hope you are fine.
1- Vitrine is fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress and Woocommerce. So, you can update the theme without any worry.
2- Please provide more information about your first inquiry. I don’t understand it.
Regards5 months, 2 weeks ago onthegoParticipant
Thanks for your reply:
5 months, 2 weeks ago MRTKeymaster
- Please, I am using a child theme so how can I update this without losing any custom work? The guy I hired said child theme cannot be updated but on the backend, it is prompting me to update it. I am not so sure.
- About the second point: See here: https://www.eurocollectionhair.com/test-page/ I want to use the “sale product” element but for some reason, I have no way to link to a url?
Happy new year.
1- If you have not customized any files of the parent theme, so, updating the parent theme, has no effect on your customizations. Also, your theme settings.
2- What element did you use to create these products? Actually, the type of these elements is not product. So, it is obvious that you couldn’t link them to their related product detail page. You should add a custom URL for each one.
Best Regards5 months, 1 week ago onthegoParticipant
Got busy with other priorities…. Yikes
- About update, I am still not fully clear, so you mean I only need to update parent theme? What file do I download to do so? We did customizations but only on the child theme.
- About element, I fully understand I must link to the product😊 I used the “Sale Product Box”
I also now I added the “Elegant product box” second row to better show you my point. As you can see in this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9MKSagqAir2RmFlHf_crUfnHuffe3ny/view?usp=sharing
I am able to link to a url via “Elegant product box” but there is no url option for “Sale Product Box” and I really will like to use it.5 months, 1 week ago MRTKeymaster
Hope you are doing well.
1- Well, if you have done your customization on the child theme, so updating the parent theme couldn’t effect on your codes or remove them. But, maybe you should recheck your site and codes after the updating process. Maybe the codes that we have improved (or added)in the newest version, have conflicts with the codes that you’ve customized.
2- I’ve never worked with these two elements. Also, these elements are not VC default element (and we have not developed them). So, if they don’t have the feature that you want, we couldn’t help you and add it for you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.